Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Word for 2009

Some of the ladies over on the FIAR and HSS message boards decided instead of making New Years Resolutions to choose a word to focus on throughout the year.
~
So after much deliberation, I have decided my word for this year with be
~
PURPOSEFUL
~
~
I have spent alot of time over the last several days thinking about what it means to be purposeful.
**
Here is what the dictionary has to say:
to intend, resolve, or plan; to resolutely aim at a specific goal; not meaningless
**
Okay, so then I checked it out in the Thesaurus.
Synonyms for Purpose : aim, aspiration, goal, intention, objective
Antonyms: accident, fate, hazard
**
Alright so I began to think of some adjectives to show what I wanted my PURPOSEFULNESS to look like.
**
Vigorous, Persistant, Steadfast, Forceful, Stubborn, Tenacious ohhh, I like that last one....so I did a little word study
**
Tenacity-Persistant in maintaining, adhering to or seeking something valued or desired.
Synonyms for Tenacity: Perserverance, Persistance, Steadfastness
Antonyms: idleness, Laziness, Sloth
~
**
Alright, so I want to be Vigorous, Persistant, Steadfast, Forceful, & Tenaciously
**
Purposeful in
**
My Relationships
Our Home
Our Homeschool
Our Health
Our Finances
**
So now I am the process of looking at what our purpose in each of these areas really looks like and what God has to say about it.
~
I mean you cant be purposeful unless you know exactly what your purpose is. Right????
**
I think this will be my verse for the year. I think it goes along perfectly with what the Lord is trying to teach me this year.
******
1 Corinthians 15:58 (New American Standard Bible)

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.
**
Wow, this is going to be good!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails